Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

"Life Is Full Of Surprises"

Life is amazing, isn't it? Or at least it is if you show up, don't just phone it in and try your best
to enjoy the surprises along the way.

I have to admit that the older I get, the more regimented I am. When I was a "working woman", you'd
have thought I'd have been more structured. But no, during those years I was less so. Now that I'm
retired, I tend to be - as I said - more regimented. Perhaps it's because I feel that, if I am not, I
won't be able to "keep it all together"......that I will just get too relaxed about it all.

Anyway, enough self-analyzing for now. This little blog will be brief tonight. I just want to comment
on how wonderful it is to be surprised by good things, good friends, good times, good timing. Great
stuff.

This evening, after a day of the usual schedules, I expected the evening to hold much the same - things that I thought needed to be done, things on the lists I spoke of last week. But instead I was surprised by good friends and the rest of the evening gloriously went to heck in the proverbial
handbasket. How wonderful it was. Re-connecting, laughter, wine under the moonlight - while we
bundled in blankets. The love of old friendship.

I said I would be brief tonight. So suffice to say, thank you, my friends for the unexpected and
totally welcome visit. I loved every minute and loved the joy of the unexpected!

The lesson to be learned? You never know what's around the next corner. Look for it. Wait for it.
Enjoy it. Surprise!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment